Welcome to the Greater Elgin Senior Center
Senior Services Associates, Inc.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am -4:00pm
Activities and Services at This Office:
- Everybody's Birthday Celebration - Second Thursday of each month at noon. Reservations are required, please call the Elgin office at 847 (741-0404).
- Haircuts - First, second and third Wednesday of each month and also the first, third and fourth Thursday of each month from 9 a.m. to noon. Suggested donation of $7.
- High Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar Screenings - The last Wednesday of each month at 11:00am.
- Miercoles Social - Lunch, Bingo, and socialization the second and the last Wednesday of each month at noon. Reservations are required, please call the Elgin office at (847) 741-0404.
Meet with Our Information & Assistance Staff
- Dundee Park District Senior Center - 665 Barrington Ave., Carpentersville. Usually the second Tuesday of the month. Please call the Dundee Park District Senior Center at (847) 551-4307 to make an appointment.
- The Centre of Elgin - 100 Symphony Way, Elgin. Every Monday (except holidays) 9:00am, use the Heritage Ballroom entrance. Please call our office at (847) 741-0404 to make an appointment.
- Staff also visits numerous local senior housing facilities. Please call our office at (847) 741-0404 for more details.
Monthly Calendar of Events
Click here to view Elgin/Kane County's monthly calendar of events for January.
Click here to view Elgin/Kane County's monthly calendar of events for February.
Click here to view Elgin/Kane County's monthly calendar of events for March.
Office Wish List
- Binding machine
- Card tables (20)
- Chair dollies (MTS Seating Storage & Handling Model #009) (20)Portable stand-alone humidifier (3)
- Folding card table chairs for senior activities (50)
- Gas cards for seniors (any denomination)
- Gift cards and certificates for food and/or clothing for seniors
- HP All-in-one color printer-scanner-copier
- Laser color printer
- Light weight tables for senior activities (6 foot long - 5)
- Portable PA system w/microphone
- Retractable utility cords (at least 100 ft)
- Small to medium sized credenza (light colored, if possible Refrigerator (3-year old or newer)
- Telephone (2)
- TV 23"
- TV stands - Logsdon catalog #1010AVANTFLK (2)
- XP Windows desktop computer (at least 2 GB)
- XP Windows laptop (at least 2 GB)
- 4 drawer file cabinets (w/lock)
Greater Elgin Advisory Council
|Jennifer Almanza||Jane Gregory||Tori Oberhelman|
|Jennifer Anstett||Ruth Jackson||Marlene Pokorny|
|Cherie Aschenbrenner||Jane Johnson||Vicki Scholomann|
|Margie Callahan||Amanda Kerley||Steve Thoren|
|Carolyn Clark||Re Kielar||Minnie Vazquez|
|Gilda Couzin||Krista Laymon||Maureen Warren|
|Leslie Edstrom||Andrea Lillie||Sherry Williams|
|June Ekman||Paz Montero|
|Gail Gauger||Gil Nore|